THE NURSERY

Before

Before

After (Photo:  JC Buck )

After (Photo: JC Buck)


Of all the rooms, the nursery needed the least work. It was one of two rooms in the house that had hardwood flooring, but we ended up having to replace it due to the condition. We matched the old wood exactly (red oak common #1). Because we were running hardwoods through the entire house, we ended up switching the direction of the wood so that the floor would be seamless throughout. We wanted a natural look so instead of staining, we used several coats of clear poly. 

We also exposed the ceiling beam and gave the room a fresh coat of paint (Benjamin Moore's Decorator's White). 

IMG_0624.jpg
IMG_7918.jpg